Wood Worm Control in Sussex
Call today 01273 911350
Are you looking for professional wood worm control in Sussex, Brighton, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis or Worthing? Westgate Pest Control provide free of charge surveys to investigate the presence and treatment of wood boring beetles.
If you think your property has an issue with wood worm control and wood boring beetles you want to know you and your property are in safe hands. Westgate pest control have experienced technicians who regularly undertake successful wood worm control solutions.
What are woodworm?
The term is used to describe the larval stages of a number of beetles which live and feed within timber or wooden artifacts. The most common species are:
- Furniture Beetle (Anobium punctatum)
- Death-Watch Beetle (Xestobium rufovillosum)
- Powder Post Beetle (Lyctus spp.)
- House Longhorn Beetle (Hylotrupes bajulus)
- Wood Boring Weevils (Euophryum confine)
How do I know if I have Wood worm control issue?
There are several signs that these beetles are active within a property:
- Adult beetles – Usually seen between May and September
- Small often oval flight holes seen in wooden timbers
- Frass (Powder) which has fallen from these flight holes
- Crumbling timbers
The lifecycle of these beetles is often long and it’s the larvae living in the wood that are causing the damage. This means activity can go unnoticed for a long period of time. If you suspect woodworm activity why not have an expert come out and provide a FREE no obligation written survey report?
What can I do myself to find out if I need wood worm control?
It can be difficult to identify current activity and not all activity requires full treatment. If you find a suspect looking hole or area of wood that could harbour woodworm why not try:
- Covering the area with a piece of masking tape and see if the tape gets broken? This will indicate a beetle has emerged
- Painting over the holes and see if the beetles break the seal
- Placing a piece of paper under the area with flight holes will help to monitor if any new frass appears – this would indicate the hole has recently been in use.
What does the survey / wood worm control treatment involve?
Should you book a FREE survey with us the following will occur.
- We will book a slot with our experienced Surveyor at a time convenient to yourselves
- We will visit you property and carry out an inspection of the suspect area and the surroundings. We will not hard sell to you or tell you your house is falling down (unless it actually is!) we have built our business on our reputation, one of trust and respect
- We will provide a written report of our findings and a quote to carry out any remedial works if required
- We will book a time to undertake the treatment. The surveyor will have explained their findings during the survey and in the written report
- We will attend site, work in a clean and tidy manner and in most cases undertake a full clean down of the area to be treated followed by the application of a water based insecticide
- After the treatment we will provide written confirmation of the application and provide upon full payment of the works a certificate of treatment which provides a guarantee, often requested when buying or selling a property.
Please do talk to our friendly team for more information on our wood worm control services. We’d be happy to help domestic and commercial premises across East and West Sussex. Our specialists are often in Brighton, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis and Worthing, but we can travel further afield.